Monday, December 8, 2008

Mission Trip learning lessons at Beruas

Mission Trip at Beruas

In this Mission Trip at Beruas, I really learn a lot of lesson from the people surrounded me. But before that, I want thanks God for his guidance and his love for me. This is because his choose me long before i born to become his child and his honour priests. Thanks God for chosing me from many people not because I am so strong or so wealth or so intellegent, but his love for me. Thanks God for everything you do for me.

The first lesson I learn is the planning. Before I become the Leader of the Beruas team, I rarely to plan many thing and think too muchh for everything that I want to do. I just follow my heart and do what is the easiest. But after I agree to become a one of the Leader of the mission trip, I need to think many many... thing and plan many many... thing for everyone in my team such as the food, place for stay, the activities need to held,....etc. Thanks to Brother Bok Wan and Sister Theresa for their guide and advice, I manage to plan and have a good mission trip at Beruas. But when come to a programme that all of three mission trip team want to held -- children camp, My mind come to a place call blank. The reason for that is I havent organize that kind of event before and both the mission trip I joined before at Sungai Jerik and Skudai, Johore also didnt touch many about issue of children, how to communicate with children or children needs. So this missin trip is kind of a test for reach out children for me. Thanks to Brother Alan and Sister Esther for willing share their time for planning and Bother Bok Wan and Sister Theresa for oversee this big event. Because without you all, I really dont know how to run this event.

The second lesson I learn is unity in body of Christ. This is because I dont know the strongest and weakest of many members. I just know their name and their age from the list of the members that i need to lead. But for Christ love for us, we know each other well in this mission trip and all the members very obedient to my orders for take the post that I want they to be although some of them havent try the post before. I very glad that my team have Zhe Kai and Bei Jun who is still very young and willing to join our mission trip. I can see their love for Jesus in their heart and willing to learn in mission trip. Well done to all of you, teammates..

I also learn that prayer is our greatest strength for a christian. Before mission trip, I just pray for thanksgiving when food is serve in front of me. My relationship with Heavenly Father hasnt come to close and only pray for the needs of me. But in mission trip, I need to pray for the good weather for several events. I have a good experience when we pray for good weather before the Interest group. This is because although we all think good weather is the best choice for the people to come but that day we experience a heavily rain just before the first day of the Interest group. By that time, we may be think that why God didnt listen to our Prayer, but I sincerely think that God already heard our prayer. He let the rain flow and let the number people that we can handle to come to the hall. If not, we may be having the trouble of too many people and all the activities that we want to teach to children cant teach well in the week at Beruas. Another experience is the event- camp fire that we want to approach the youth after the basketball tournament. Since it have the evengelism in the story part, it is good chance to let the youths know the God love to them. But in middle of the activities story part, suddenly some rain flow down. Some of us quickly put down our jobs and pray to God help. We grab hand together and form a circle to ask God help to stop this rain . Miraclely, after our pray the rain stop and all the activities in camp fire run very smooth. And the youths seem dont want go home even the camp fire already finish. Thanks God.

Furthermore, I learn the Faith to God need to stay firm even the time pass by or ostacle come. I can see the faith in Beruas Methodist Church. Although the church members in the church is about 15 - 20 people and many of them are already old, but their faith to God never change. They want to build the church which can sit 200 people and that amount of people is 10 times of people of them now. And the cost the church cost them 900 thousand. Besides that, they still believe that Beruas can be change to better place which is got major christian for the citizen although the number of them to change is few.

Lastly, I learn that to serve the people no matter how well educated or how powerful that authority that we have. This is because Jesus love us all and the leadership that he show to us is servant leader. ( An argument broke out among the disciples as to which one of them should be thought of as the greatest. Jesus said to them," the kings of the pagans have power over to their people, and the rulers claim the title 'Friends of the people.' But this is not the way it is with you; rather, the greatest one among you must be like the youngest, and the leader must be like the servant. Who is greater, the one who sits down to eat or the one who serve? The one who sits down, of course. But I am among you as one who serves.)

Thanks God for the lessons that I can learn from the Mission Trip at Beruas. May all glory glorify to you, Lord - the almighty God.

1 comment:

Daniel Lim Szehau said...

Very encouraging post David, I am grateful as I see you rising up as a leader. Keep on pressing, your efforts are remembered and God honor you as you obey His commands!
Great to serve with you as a team! Emmanuel..